Thursday 8 August 2013

In my element

So yesterday I decided to start building a proper portfolio of my makeup looks. I've been thinking about it for a while but really just never started. I managed to corner my sister and after an hour of being in my element this is what I created. 


Eyes - I wanted statement eyes but nothing too harsh and dramatic. I used elf matte brown eyeshadow as a base then created a light smoky look with dark green shades from the maybeline mini eyeshadow pallete,  I used a mac concealer for the brow bone.

Skin - I went all out with coverage.  I started with maybaline concealer around the face and no7 foundation,  using a stipple brush I blended this all in THEN I brushed baby powder all over the face. I then applied the mac conceal under the eyes and down the nose and the no7 foundation again and used a foundation brush to blend it all in. I then used a translucent powder for around the eyes to set the concealer and then mac studio fix around tp set the rest of the face. I used sleek contour kit to contour her cheek bones and straighten the nose.

Lips - I lined the lips with a light brown pencil (drug store brand) and dabbed a shimmer eyeshadow all over then coated in Helen E lip gloss in colour 'Red Currant'.

Eyebrows - I used a waxy eyeliner pencil (I find them easier) and followed the shape of the brow adding a slight arch and concealing around to neaten up

Hope this helped and hope you liked the look! :) Any questions,  feel free to comment! 
Mwah! xo

P.s. Eid mubarak to all you Muslims ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment