Monday 5 August 2013

Eyes Lips and Face


E.l.f Cosmetics is an international online cosmetics brand. The main thing about this site that really catches most peoples attentions (yes and me) is how cheap it is! Like ridiculously cheap! At first i was very skeptical because of their prices,i mean there is good price and then there is dirt cheap... I first ordered the 'All over cover stick' for £1.50. I was pleasantly surprised to be honest. It is good as a light concealer, I never really used it all over my face but it did well to hide blemishes and its light weight texture felt nice and almost moisturising on my skin. Although i do feel like it is very hit and miss with this product as there are only 7 shades and not everyone will find a match. I recommended it to one friend who has lighter skin and it just didn't suit her skin, whereas another friend i recommended it to loved it and replaced it with her foundation.

Another item i ordered was the kohl black liner with a smudger on the end, i LOVE this item! The pencil is so dark and smudges really well, easy application without any effort, smooth strokes. Okay so up until this point e.l.f had done well by me so i got a bit experimental and ordered a big shop with all sorts of products from brushed to eye shadow primers... The eye shadow primer had me kind of speechless if I'm honest. When there were different shades i was a bit confused but thought id go with it, i really should have been put of then, but i chose a dark shade for my skin even though i was sure primer was usually supposed to be translucent or a in concealer style so the luminous gold i was seeing was questionable but i thought 'its a primer, it will do the job'. When it arrived it was even brighter and still with hope left in me i tried it on and i honest can say it is the weirdest product ever. The primer was so bright no amount of eye shadow even showed up over it and it was so slimy and didn't set at all so i had watery eyelids ...ARGHH it was a nightmare (stay away from the primer) i don't know how the other colors are so i guess i cant be too skeptical. BUTTTTT having said that, I do love the brushes! Like wow! 

They are so cheap and honestly (please no abuse for what I'm about to say) there are some brushes i have found better than Mac brushes :O yes i said it. I have the Mac set of brushes and am in love with their brushes but i prefer to use the e.l.f studio stipple brush for only £3.75 over the Mac 190 foundation brush to apply my liquid foundation. #JustSayin 

So overall i think its very hit and miss with e.l.f, i love so many of thier products but be weary as there are some products that show exactly why they are so cheap, i will continue to order from e.l.f as i feel like my mistaike has made me wiser on what is good and not, and when there good, there reeaall good. If your worried about an item before you order it leave a comment saying what your considering because chances are I've tried it and ill let you know what i think of it :D

Thanx for reading guys, still getting used to this blogging thing!
Mwah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment