Friday 2 August 2013

Accentuate or cover up?

When I hear people (usually guys) complaining about girls being deceiving with how much makeup they use, and being called fake it really makes me wonder who they are seeing because no amount of makeup can truly disguise how someone looks! Obviously I have seen lots of makeup disasters in my life and know just how bad it can look, but assuming these girls who are 'deceiving people' is because they look 'better' with makeup means they are applying it well if it really manages to trick a person. The picture of Katy Perry without makeup that circulated the Internet a few years ago that 'shocked' people was ridiculous,1. She was in bed, most likely just got up, puffy face! Tired! 2. It's a picture! (have you never got a bad angle) 3. Cameras highlight impurities which is why actors/actress (even men) wear makeup, It still looks like her! Yes she looks rough but not unrecognisable, she looks real if anything, I still think she is beautiful, the thing about a persons face without makeup and with is that makeup will always look a certain way whereas your skin changes for so many different reasons, I have periods of time when my skin just doesn't agree with me and my face always looks puffy without makeup and other times my skin will look flawless, so many different factors affect this! Weather, hormones, stress?! So basically my point is Katy Perry most likely doesn't look exactly like that every time she isn't wearing makeup. The makeup she wears doesn't change the way she looks it just accentuates her good features. Her already striking eyes are made to stand out and her pale skin is given a glow. I think Rihanna is another example of someone who does the makeup thing right,  she never looks heavily made up and when she does her already beautiful skin tone is focused on with bronzer to bring out the golden undertones and her lips are always made to stand out with her statement lipstick and dewy eyes. For the people who complain about makeup all I can think is are people so shallow that they cant look past it. If someone wants to wear makeup they should feel free to do so, but like anything else if your going to do it do it well and for those who feel uncomfortable without makeup need to accept that nobody is perfect and being comfortable and confident in your own skin is key! I went through a period when I felt like this and would never leave the house without makeup on but I soon realised that covering what I thought was the problem was not helping so I became a little obsessed with skin care (Will do a post on my skincare regime) and let's be honest ladies, what is more sexy than flawless silky smooth skin!
Wow mini rant over :D
Thanks for reading
Mwah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment