Wednesday 14 August 2013

How does she do it?


When I think Megan Good, I think HEALTHY, GLOWING, DEWY. I will never know exactly how she does it but after lots of trial and error i think i have found a way to create this look. I always wondered how she manages to look so dewy and made up without looking greasy and I feel that Mac's Prep and Prime beauty balm does the job. Applying it with a foundation brush all over skin evens out your complexion and creates a dewy glow. I avoided matte concealers to brighten under the eyes and the T zone area. I used the maybeline concealer in colour 30 as its a light creamy texture. I primed my lips with the same balm and lined them with a deep brown/red colour and used Helen E lipgloss in Red Currant to blend out the line. The beauty balm is great for natural coverage that doesn't mattify your skin, if you have dry skin make sure you moisturize well before you apply so it glides on well and gives the right effect. Helen E miracle conceler stick under the eyes and on my brow bone really gave a dewy look and highlights the face. Light contouring around the sides of the face keeps the look fresh and not too over done looking, i would avoid pinky blusher as the look really just uses natural colours, if you really want to I would suggest a very light application used only as a contour colour and not for the apples of the cheek. For those who already have oily skin i recommend a light spray of the Urban Decay setting spray after you have applied the makeup to control the 'dewy' look throughout the day. Lashings of mascara to finish off the look!. :D This is a quick natural look that can easily be transformed from a day look to a night look with some liquid liner and a dab of deep coloured blush.

Here is my attempt lol (looks wise i think Megan wins by a mile but i think i managed to re-create the look decently, let me know what you think haha) 

p.s. Sorry about the not so great quality....


Mwah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment