Friday 24 January 2014

Prime and shine

Eye shadow is definitely one of my favourite stages of make-up. I love experimenting with colours, shapes and seeing how with different blending techniques you can manipulate the appearance of your eye shape. The one thing I used to struggle with was getting it to stay as perfect an our later as it did when I first did it. Especially with colourful looks it really didn't look good when the colours sunk into the creases of your eyes! So I invested in primers, the first primer I used was a cheap one from Asda, I didn't really see a huge difference so started using different kinds of eye shadows and although some eye-shadows do stay better than others the problem wasn't solved. I then decided to try the primer thing again but this time I did some research and heard about the Urban Decay eye-shadow primer potions. I got myself one and only then did I realise it was fully possible to have long lasting eye-shadow! I sort of became obsessed and started out trying different eye-shadow primers and after having tried almost every eye-shadow primer out there i have found the best two (even better than the Urban Decay one...)

1. Benefit Stay Don't Stray
This stuff will literally keep your eye-shadow unmovable for hours on end. Perfect for a night out where you are likely to get all hot and your make-up could melt, this will keep it in place.
It prevents creasing if you have particularly oily lids and  prevents smudging. LOVE this stuff and there is a darker shade for darker skin tones.

2. Helen E Stage eye-shadow primer
This primer I only got introduced to recently but I already love love love it! It gives even the most subtle eye-shadow colours more pigment. Its great for making colours stand out and the matte texture really helps keep the shadow in place. There is only one colour of this but I find it works perfectly on my skin which is dark, if anything it helps to make the shadow stand out more. 


So... just had a thought whilst writing this... Is mixing primers allowed? I definitely know you can mix face primers, so I'm officially going to go and try out mixing these two shadow primers and see how well it works. It can only be twice as good right?

Mwah x

No comments:

Post a Comment